Monday, May 07, 2007

Overall Student Teaching Experience

What you did best?

I believe that I was consistent, flexible, and professional throughout my student teaching experience. I am certain that I have developed an integrated thematic unit, which was on community. I was happy that all my topics under community such as community around us, community helpers, landforms, animals flowed well together. I am truly happy that I had a variety of activities that helped meet the student needs and interest to learn. In this course I improved my assessment skills before and after teaching lessons. During my student teaching experience I developed a professional relationship with my Master teacher, who helped me feel comfortable to approach Mrs. Macduff and ask or give suggestions regarding any concerns. Now, that graduation is near, I feel that this teaching experience helped me grow to become a mature, professional, and creative teacher.

What can you improve?

The course ED 471 student practicum helped broke the ice; Making me comfortable heading into ED 492 student teaching. I could not have asked for anything else to improve, because everything went well for me.

Best Memory?

My best memory is the overall student teaching. In this course, I experience teaching the kindergarten differentiated teaching. I had the visual, hands-on (fine motor), outdoor, whole group, individual, centers and small group activities. I saw the curiosity and interest of the students as I taught my lessons. That experience showed me what learning is all about for these kids. And those are the memories that will stay with me. These kids were learning math, science, social studies, and language arts all in one unit. I am delighted that the turn out of my entire student teaching was great.

What did you learn?

I learned that learning can be fun. Sometimes when the students are not behaving appropriately, I have to understand that the problem might be me and the lesson or activities that I have provided. So the answer to that is to be flexible and adjust to every unexpected situations. I learned to be consistent with my classroom management and I learned that not everything has to be developed from the ground up. I understand that I could refine what is already made to meet the student’s needs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home